Sunday, September 6, 2009

9-9-09 = "Beatles Week" on NLM

In honor of The Fab Four's entire cd catalog of remasters coming out on 9-9-09 (this Wednesday), and because the entire world of entertainment (and a lot of other media) will be focused heavily on this, we have decided to throw our hats into the ring and make this "Beatles Week" on Not Lame Minus.

If anyone would like to contribute stories about how the Beatles affected their lives, or how their songs shaped their musical sensibilities, we would be most grateful if you'd send them to NotLameMinus@gmail , and we will post any quotes you mark 'okay to print' in one of several Beatles-themed blogs over the next week!

Also, for a poll we are doing, please let us know what your all-time favorite Beatles song (or songs, if you can't choose just one) and album are. Results will be posted at the end of the week!


And please become a 'follower' of our blog (see the "Followers" section in the right hand column). If you have Yahoo or GMail it takes a few seconds. If you use any other e-mail provider, it takes only a minute or two. Look around the site (May I recommend the "
Links to Fun Outdoor Places for the Whole Family" and "Local Music Dates" sections?), and decide if we are worth the effort! Followers who leave the occasional observation or comment are eligible for freebies and our upcoming contests (with t-shirts, cds and other cool stuff as prizes!). Even if you decide not to become a follower, comments on our writings are always welcome & appreciated. Thanks for your help with the Beatles survey, and for reading all the way through this!

1 comment:

  1. the Beatles just happen to be my fav...I saw them in concert in atlantic city on their very first USA tour. I have loved Ringo ever since (which is why I love drummers lol). My favorite song (and this is a hard choice as I love most of them) probably is "let me hold your hand" and its for sentimental reasons only. I have an awesome book that katie gave me a long time ago that I cherish. I feel very fortunate to have grown up with them

    ReplyDelete