Friday, May 10, 2024

Soju - SoonHari Apple Mango

So tonight I had my first bottle of soju, a type of alcohol from South Korea distilled from tapioca and rice. I decided on the apple mango flavor from SoonHari, and it was the perfect choice. I don't keep shot glasses in my house because I only drink beer at home, so I used a small glass spice jar I snagged for $3 at Target. The Apple Mango compared to the Peach Tree schnapps I drank far too often back in college, but a lighter, smoother version. The five shots of 12% alcohol went down nicely, with no bitterness or boozy aftertaste. I enjoyed it very much, and despite downing the entire 375 ml (12.68 oz) in under an hour, I was only a bit buzzed. Such a great experience! I can't wait to try some other flavors...






1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention that after the soju I had some cold shrimp and a few pretzels, and they tasted SO good in the afterglow (haha). I'm not sure how an apple mango beverage would pair with actual meals, though...

    ReplyDelete