Saturday, June 13, 2009

This Day in NLM History

Last year on this date, Gavin and his live-in ladyfriend Lilian and I all headed down to The Comcast Center (formerly "The Tweeter Center", and most fondly remembered as "Great Woods") to see R.E.M. They played songs from across their entire career, and the energy level was so high, it was truly memorable event. The beers were eight bucks, so I only had two, but I never go to shows to get messed up anyway. It's all about the music, people! Modest Mouse (who Rob & I saw with good ol' Jen M. during The Unlimited Sunshine Tour in 2002) and The National opened, but we arrived too late to hear either of them. Which is okay, because I don't care for Modest Mouse's sound, and I'll get to see The National (whose fantastic album "Boxer" is in heavy rotation on my iPod) at All Points West on July 31st!

1 comment:

  1. it will always be great woods to me!

    definitely check out the national...i really enjoyed their opening set at the show last year.

    ReplyDelete