Thursday, June 18, 2009

Buie in da Hizzie!

Hmm... so THAT'S how I post on here. I should probably remember that. So while Ken's been reminiscing of events past, I'm going to comment on something in the present. Namely, my new car! You WILL see me around in it. The car is a 2009 Honda Fit Sport. It's kind of hard to miss as Honda calls the color "Orange Metallic Revolution" or some such. Yes, as one of my other friends pointed out, it DOES sound like a giant anime robot in the vein of Transformers or Voltron. However, I was taught to never buy a black or white car as they're too difficult to keep clean. Purple, and their 'robin's egg blue' were eliminated right off the bad (I have in fact owned a purple car once, and hopefully never again). This left me with a boring silver, a bright red (tempting) and a sharp looking blue. I had just finished driving a blue Accord though, so I was itching for something different. Different meant Orange Metallic Revolution!
The Fit Sport features a black cloth interior, cruise control, 16" wheels, paddle shifters (if I only knew how to drive a standard, this might be used), and a USB adaptor compatible with my iPod. Perhaps one of the most appealing features is it's 37.5 mpg I attained in the first 3 days of driving. Having heard reports of a possible 39, I have my goal set! If had to sum this car up in one word, it would be "fun." I have never felt such a sense of community while driving a car, it's kind of surreal. Other Fit drivers seem to willingly acknowledge you instantly, and I've already received several compliments on the car. Not having really paid attention to the Fit until I was behind the wheel, I start to see them everywhere. However, it took almost a week to see my fellow Orange Metallic Revolution on the road!
The Fit offers a virtual TON of space! It's back seats fold down for long items (like hockey sticks), and up for tall items, affording a true floor-to-ceiling storage area. Having never owned a hatchback I love no longer guessing (and sometimes failing) the length of my trunk. As long as I have 3" for my bumper, I'm good! While I'll miss the moonroof of my Accord, the car feels a bit like a solarium with it's expansive windshield, and sizable passenger windows.
Though it's only a 4cyl engine, as a typical Honda, it offers a bit of 'kick.' It has no hesitation accelerating at lower speeds, and I imagine it's just a matter of driving experience to eliminate it at the higher speeds.
So, with this being my first ever brand new car, I'm thinking I may invest a little extra dough for my first ever vanity plates. Initially, I was trying to find a suitable quote from the movie 'Slap Shot' starring Paul Newman, as this sums up both my love of hockey and movies. However, feel free to post your suggestions below! See ya on the highway!

2 comments:

  1. I got to ride in it for like 30 seconds after our four bar pub crawl! Sweet wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, how about "MTRBOAT" for yer vanity plates? ☺

    ReplyDelete