Thursday, March 17, 2022

Dining On Island Time

I spent a few days on Nantucket: Monday 14th - Wednesday 16th (yesterday). I spent a lot of time walking all around town, and also a lot of time eating, all over town.

Monday night I headed back to the dock and had a great burger at Stubby's. The fries were fantastic too.

On Tuesday after a walk to the Brant Point Lighthouse I had lunch at The Charlie Noble. I began with a bowl of their great clam chowder, and then followed up with the N. E. Fish & Chips. Their tartar sauce is the best I've ever had, and the fries were interesting, but not to my personal taste. Also, I had my first Cisco Whale's Tale Pale Ale on-island in years. The memories of many old trips flooded back as I enjoyed that beer.



And for dinner I walked down to Walter's on Broad Street, where I had the Sweet Caroline (BBQ chicken) sandwich. It was ridiculously good! The roll was packed tight with barbecued chicken, melted Swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato, and wedged in were a couple of thick slices of bacon. The sandwich dripped sauce steadily onto my potato chips (yum), and it might have been the best value of the trip, in a 'delicious to dollar' ratio.

I ate well on this little 3-day tour. Hopefully I can get back there in early fall with others of our island-hopping NLM crew...

No comments:

Post a Comment