I've been drinking IPAs exclusively lately. So tonight when I ran out to the liquor store I grabbed a 4-pack of Chubby Bear Brown Ale from Opa-Opa Brewing Co. out of Southampton, MA.
It has a nutty nose, but its a bit bitter to the taste. After a few sips I gave it up as a bad bargain. My all-time favorite of the brown ales is Wachusett's Nut Brown, and sadly, this one pales in comparison. I have three more cans, so I'll give it at least one more go, but so far I'm not impressed, especially since Opa-Opa makes one of my go-to IPAs.
Upcoming Events (Local Musician Dates)
- 09/26: Winterpills @ Park Hill Orchard (Easthampton, MA) - 4:00 pm
- 10/03: Sarah Blacker & The Light @ Blue Boat Coffeehouse (Scituate, MA) - 6:00 pm
- 10/10: Elizabeth Lorrey Band @ Cider Hill Farm (Amesbury, MA) - 1:00 pm
- 10/17: Elizabeth Lorrey @ Dragonfly Cafe (Lowell, MA) - 7:00 pm
- 10/24: Elizabeth Lorrey @ Bull Run Taproom - 6:00 pm
- O1/30: Sarah Blacker @ Club Passim (Cambridge, MA) - 7:00 pm
Friday, May 10, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment