Magic Hat's Single Chair Golden Ale was today's 'sunny spring day' beer of choice.
As you can see from the photo it poured out a pale golden color, with a small head. The aroma was quite fresh and light.
I was not sure what to expect from the Single Chair, but upon finishing the pint, the overall verdict was that it was basically a higher quality Budweiser. I enjoyed the first few sips, but when I saw where the experience was headed, I lost interest. Ultimately, if I had to choose between the two, I'd choose the Single Chair, but if I had an overall choice, I'd choose neither, as I am not a fan of that basic style of beer.
Grade 1½ stars (out of 5).
Upcoming Events (Local Musician Dates)
- 09/26: Winterpills @ Park Hill Orchard (Easthampton, MA) - 4:00 pm
- 10/03: Sarah Blacker & The Light @ Blue Boat Coffeehouse (Scituate, MA) - 6:00 pm
- 10/10: Elizabeth Lorrey Band @ Cider Hill Farm (Amesbury, MA) - 1:00 pm
- 10/17: Elizabeth Lorrey @ Dragonfly Cafe (Lowell, MA) - 7:00 pm
- 10/24: Elizabeth Lorrey @ Bull Run Taproom - 6:00 pm
- O1/30: Sarah Blacker @ Club Passim (Cambridge, MA) - 7:00 pm
Monday, April 21, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment