Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wachusett Green Monsta IPA

Well, I had a couple of the new Wachusett Green Monsta IPAs down at the lake today, and I have to say I was very disappointed. I am a HUGE fan of India pale ales, and unfortunately this one is just average. It wasn't as hoppy as I expected and I am betting the combination of whatever the "Cascade, Amarillo and Centennial" ingredients are (I've always said I am not an expert, I just know what I like and what I don't like) is responsible.

It's unfortunate, because I am a big fan of my hometown brewery, and I have never had a flavor complaint before. That itself speaks volumes. So I think I will stick with Wachusett's regular IPA (and all of the other fine beers of that type from other microbreweries). However, as I always try to give an unsatisfactory beer a second chance, if I find it on tap somewhere I will definitely give it a another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment