Monday, January 11, 2010

10 Bands I've Been Listening To Lately

Hello readers. Ken asked (a while ago actually) to list some of the music we've been listening to. Thought I'd chime in with 10 8 groups I've been listening to with some frequency.

They are (in no particular order):

The Decemberists
The Black Keys
Kings of Leon
Peter Gabriel
Adventureland (Original Soundtrack)*
The Raconteurs
Cake
Goldfish

* Being a soundtrack, it has various artists on it but it's filled with some good stuff. If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend that too.

So that's what I've been listening to. Share and enjoy.

J

2 comments:

  1. I checked out the bands I hadn't heard before, and here are a few comments:

    Goldfish - "This is How it Goes" is a great song, and I like the band's overall sound, comparative to throwing Cake, Beck and Thievery Corporation into a blender and putting it on 'frappe'.

    Raconteurs - I like some of the music, but the voices rub me the wrong way ("Carolina Drama" is just horrible).

    The Black Keys - "Strange Times" and "I Got Mine" really rock. I'd heard about how great this band is, but never got around to checking them out. Thanks! "Remember When (Side B)" makes me think of early Van Halen and Veruca Salt. I may have to go out and grab "Attack & Release".

    The Decemberists - I've always enjoyed their sound, but never bought any of their music. That may have to change after about a half hour of listening. And if they get to the US after their Australian tour, maybe we should get tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd, Carolina Drama is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete