Monday, February 12, 2018

Paperwhite



Old chum Erik & I each made the trek from our respective homes to Boston Sunday night to catch the Paperwhite show at Great Scott. We met at Alewife and hopped on the Red Line to Davis Square for a great pre-show dinner at old haunt The Burren. They had their usual Sunday night Irish music going on in the front room as I had an amazing ½ pound Burren Burger with cheddar, bacon & mushrooms, and some awesome thick-cut fries, along with a Harp Lager to wash it down. It was fantastic to be back in a bar that I've spent so many great nights out with friends from as far back as 1996, when it first opened.


Then it was back on the Red Line to Park Street Station, with a switch to a B-train on the Green Line to Harvard Street, and Great Scott. The opening act, Iyves went on first, and while she had a strong voice, her songs were too slowly-paced and not very energetic for the most part. Super-nice girl though. I'm glad I had a few Lagunitas IPAs to make it better (haha). Then it was time for the headliner! Wow. Katie Marshall, the singer had such a great voice, super high-energy, and it was so great to hear all of the songs I've been obsessing over for the last few weeks in person! They played a set that felt way too short, but at least I got to hear "Only Us" at the end, followed by an encore of "Unstoppable". I can't believe the tickets were only ten bucks. I am so glad I had that whim, and sprung for them back in January. A fine time had by all...




No comments:

Post a Comment